Ideas for unconventional holidays in Tuscany?
The many archaeological and natural attractions of the Parks of Val di Cornia make this area an interesting alternative to the traditional tourist resorts: a place where nature and archaeology blend to reveal the fascination of “Lower Tuscany“.
A Tuscany that is still not on the mainstream tourist routes but which people who have already discovered it love.
Trekking fans will find nature trails immersed in the Mediterranean scrub while for archaeology buffs we propose guided tours of archaeological sites and museums.
The guided tours at the Parks of Val di Cornia can also be accompanied by food and wine tastings to savour the typical products of Val di Cornia (prestigious wines, oils and top-quality vegetables) or wellness breaks in the thermal centres in the area.
Information about the tour
- The Parks of Val di Cornia can be visited all year round and above all in spring and autumn because of the extremely mild climate in the area.
- Visitors are accompanied on the trails by qualified, multi-lingual personnel. The tours last either half a day (min. 2 hours) or a full day (from 5 to 8 hours).
- The tour can be personalised to take into consideration the visitors’ interests and extended to include other Museums and Parks of Val di Cornia.
- The tour can be supplemented with other thematic studies to discover the history, nature and territory.
- In the Parks of Val di Cornia there are equipped areas for rests and refreshment points that can provide lunch on request.
- We recommend outdoor clothing and trekking shoes, a sun hat in the summer months and a sweater for the visit to the mine and tunnel in the Archaeological Mines Park of San Silvestro, where the temperature is always around 13-14°C. We recommend that you bring mosquito repellent for the trail in the Sterpaia Park woodland.
All services by request.